Left Ventricular Reconstruction to Mend Broken Hearts: Past, Present and Future Horizons
- Introduction by Moderator: Jerry Estep, MD
- Case Presentation: Chony Albert, MD
- Advances in Multimodality Imaging : Serge Harb, MD
- HF Perspective: LV Restoration Considerations and Lessons Learned: Randall Starling, MD, MPH
- Surgical Options and Interventional Hybrid Approaches: Edward Soltesz, MD, MPH
- LV Reconstruction: ALIVE Trial Update and Contemporary Outcomes: Jerry Estep, MD
- Future Horizons in LV Restoration: Rishi Puri, MD, PhD
- Case Follow-up: Chony Albert, MD
- Presenter Panel Discussion
- Discuss contemporary imaging modalities used for the assessment of ventricular volumes and ventricular function.
- Identify surgical interventions and indications for left ventricular assist devices.
- Recognize left ventricular reconstruction outcomes associated with durable improvement in left ventricular function.
This online series is designed for physicians, allied health practitioners and students interested in complex cardiovascular and thoracic conditions.
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Participants claiming CME credit from this activity may submit the credit hours to the American Osteopathic Association for Category 2 credit.
The information in this educational activity is provided for general medical education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a physician relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient's medical condition. The viewpoints expressed in this CME activity are those of the authors/faculty. They do not represent an endorsement by The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. In no event will The Cleveland Clinic Foundation be liable for any decision made or action taken in reliance upon the information provided through this CME activity.
In accordance with the Standards for Commercial Support issued by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education requires resolution of all faculty conflicts of interest to ensure CME activities are Free of commercial bias.
The following faculty has indicated they have no relationship which, in the context of their presentation(s), could be perceived as a potential conflict of interest: Joanna Ghobrial, MD, Marcelo P Gomes, MD, Kathleen Breznai.
The following faculty has indicated that they may have a relationship, which in the context of their presentation(s) could be perceived as a potential conflict of interest: Eric E Roselli, MD, Activity Director: Abbott - Teaching and Speaking. Cook Medical - Teaching and Speaking. Cryolife, Inc. -Consulting. Edwards Lifesciences - Teaching and Speaking. LivaNova, PLC - Consulting, Teaching and Speaking. Medtronic - Consulting. Terumo - Teaching and Speaking. W.L. Gore & Associates - Consulting. Jerry Dean Estep, MD: Medtronic - Advisor or review panel participant. Abbott - Consulting, Advisor or review panel participant, Teaching and Speaking. Bioventrix - Consulting. Getinge - Consulting. Serge Harb, MD: Centerline Biomedical - Ownership interest (stock, stock options in a publicly owned company). Mitria - CCF spin off company - Consulting. Watchman Truplan CT software - Consulting, Advisor or review panel participant. Abbott - Consulting. Edward Soltesz, MD: Atricure - Teaching and Speaking. Abbott Vascular - Teaching and Speaking. Abiomed - Teaching and Speaking. Rishi Puri, MD: Bioventrix - Advisor or review panel participant, Teaching and Speaking, Principal or Co-Investigator of funded research.
For further information about this activity, contact Katie Breznai at [email protected]